What are Rotating Collections?
The Clinton-Essex-Franklin Library System is one of the few systems that provide small collections of titles to their member libraries. On a regular basis, CEFLS sends boxes and bags filled with adult books, children’s books, large print books, audiobooks, and DVDs to many libraries in the area. After a set time, the library sends back the collection back to be replaced with a new one. This allows libraries with limited budgets to purchase new materials to consistently provide fresh titles to their patrons.
Who Else Gets Rotating Collections?
CEFLS also provides rotating collections to other facilities as well. Specifically, CEFLS sends collections of large print and audiobooks to assisted living facilities, senior housing, and other senior facilities to provide library materials to people who may not be capable of traveling to the closest local library. We also send collections of books to correctional facilities’ libraries.
Locations with Access to Rotating Collections
- Art Lefevre Senior Housing in Morrisonville, NY
- Beekman Towers in Plattsburgh, NY
- Brushton-Moira Senior Citizens in Brushton, NY
- Elderwood of Uihlein at Lake Placid
- Evergreen Valley Nursing Home in Plattsburgh, NY
- Lake Forest Senior Living Community in Plattsburgh, NY
- Meadowbrook Healthcare in Plattsburgh, NY
- Newcomb Senior Center in Newcomb, NY
- Roderick Rock Senior Housing Apartments in Morrisonville, NY
- Saranac Village at Will Rogers in Saranac Lake, NY
- Senior Citizens Council of Clinton County in Plattsburgh, NY
- Victory Place in Plattsburgh, NY
- Samuel F. Vilas Home in Plattsburgh, NY
- Adirondack Correctional Facility
- Bare Hill Correctional Facility
- Clinton Correctional Facility (Main)
- Clinton Annex Correctional Facility
- Franklin Correctional Facility
- Upstate Correctional Facility