CEFLS has a number of items that can be used by one of the member libraries to support patron services. We also offer prepackaged activity kits for both individual patron use and for use within a library. We also have equipment to help facilitate activities within a library or events outside of a library that would normally be cost-prohibitive. If you have any questions or wish to request a specific item, contact Karen Batchelder (518-563-5190 ext. 20) or David Fuller (518-563-5190 ext. 22).
The Mother Goose Big Idea Kits are collections of activities, toys, stories, and related items to stimulate and educate children.
Does your library have a book club? Are you looking to start one? The Clinton-Essex-Franklin Library System can provide you with everything your book club needs for your next discussion!
CEFLS loans books exclusively for libraries and local book clubs to use for their discussions. Books are checked out in a sturdy canvas bag containing 12 paperback copies of each title and a printed list of discussion questions. Each bag is checked out as a single item with multiple pieces, so the person or institution checking out the bag is responsible for all pieces being returned. Library staff should count all pieces at check-in and check-out.
Book Club in a Bag kits can be checked out for six weeks, and they can be picked up and returned at any CEFLS member library. Please make sure books are returned together with the bag, not separately.
Questions about the program or suggestions for future titles can be sent to Julie Wever.
- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
- Bettyville by George Hodgman
- Bone Gap by Laura Ruby
- The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics by Daniel James Brown
- Cinnamon and Gunpowder by Eli Brown
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- Etta and Otto and Russell and James by Emma Hooper
- Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City by Matthew Desmond
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- The Girls of Atomic City: The Untold Story of the Women Who Helped Win World War II by Denise Kiernan
- I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
- Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
- Kitchens of the Great Midwest by J. Ryan Stradal
- The Japanese Lover by Isabel Allende
- Lab Girl by Hope Jahren
- Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen
- The Martian by Andy Weir
- Mudbound by Hillary Jordan
- 1984 by George Orwell
- Noggin by John Corey Whaley
- The Rent Collector by Camron Wright
- The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen
Library staff are encouraged to use our dies to create attractive bulletin board displays, craft projects, and decorations. In addition to 3" letters of the alphabet, question marks, ampersands, parentheses, exclamation points, and numbers, we can cut the following:
|• Apple||• Footprint||• School Bus|
|• Arrow||• Ghost||• Scroll|
|• Award||• Halloween Cat||• Shamrock|
|• Baby||• Heart||• Sleigh|
|• Barn||• Horse||• Snowflake|
|• Birthday Cake||• House||• Snowman|
|• Book Closed||• Liberty Bell||• Space Alien|
|• Book Open||• Lion||• Space Ship|
|• Bunny||• Maple Leaf||• Sun|
|• Castle||• May Basket||• Tag|
|• Chick||• Open Hand||• Teddy Bear|
|• Christmas Stocking||• Pencil||• Telephone|
|• Computer||• Pencil Cap*||• Tree|
|• Cube Maker*||• Pop-up*||• Turkey|
|• Egg Folded||• Pumpkin||• Umbrella|
|• Fire Truck||• Rocket Ship|
|• Flower||• Sailboat|
* Indicates dies that can be used in combination with other dies.
Want to have an event outside of the library but don't want to fight with the elements? Or need a table and chairs that will work outside? Perhaps you just want to draw attention to and area, but don't have any extra funds to get something? We have equipment that can be lent for just such occasions.
- Artificial 4' Capensia bush in basket
- Collapsible vertical sign reading "Libraries of Clinton-Essex-Franklin Library System"
- E-Z UP 10 x 10' canopy with optional siding
- Height-adjustable folding table, 48 x 24"
Our collections of flannel pieces that stick to a flannel board to enhance story times:
- Busy Bunny - 16 felt pieces, 1 felt board
Two stories are included in this kit, which can be illustrated using the figures while telling the stories. You can also use the figures to tell the story Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney.
- Fishy Tales - 19 felt pieces, 1 blue felt board
Two stories are included in this kit, which can be illustrated using the figures while telling the stories. You can also use the figures to tell the story Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister.
- Freddie Frog - 14 felt pieces, 1 blue felt board
Two stories are included in this kit, which can be illustrated using the figures while telling the stories. You can also use the figures to tell the story Froggy Gets Dressed by Jonathan London.
- Grandma's Favorites - 4 tales, 45 felt pieces, 1 graphic felt board, 4 coloring sheets
The Gingerbread Man - 11 felt pieces
Rapunzel - 14 felt pieces
The Three Billy Goat Gruff - 6 felt pieces
The Three Pigs - 14 felt pieces
- Grandpa's Farm - 50 felt pieces, 1 graphic felt board, 1 CD
Learning about domestic animals of the farm, how things grow, and where many common foods and other products come from and how they're produced makes studying the farm exciting and an important subject.
CD contains delightful songs that will entertain as children learn about life on the farm and taking care of the animals. Included: Old McDonald Had a Farm; My Favorite Animal; The Peacock; I've Got a Secret; What Will We Do with the Milk, Farmer Jones; All the Little Babies are Born Each Spring; Have You Ever Seen a Llama in Pajamas; I Want a Woolly, Woolly Sweater; Animal Language; I'm a Little Peacock.
- Hansel and Gretel - 19 felt pieces, 1 blue felt board, 1 coloring sheet
- Mother Goose on the Loose - 13 rhymes, 52 felt pieces, 1 blue board, 6 coloring sheets
Teaching nursery rhymes to children gives them a feel for the language. They will love to repeat them over and over, giving them a sense of accomplishment.
Bah, Bah Black Sheep - 4 felt pieces
Eensy, Weensy Spider - 4 felt pieces (1 shared piece - spider)
Hey Diddle Diddle - 5 felt pieces
Humpty Dumpty - 6 felt pieces
Jack and Jill - 2 felt pieces
Little Boy Blue - 3 felt pieces
Little Bo Peep - 1 felt piece
Little Miss Muffet - 1 felt piece (1 shared piece - spider)
Mary Had a Little Lamb - 3 felt pieces
Mary Mary Quite Contrary - 14 felt pieces
The Old Woman in the Shoe - 2 felt pieces
Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater - 3 felt pieces
Ride a Cock Horse - 3 felt pieces
- The Old Lady who Swallowed a Fly - 8 felt pieces, 1 blue felt board
- Once Upon a Rhyme - 20 rhymes, 51 felt pieces, 1 CD, 1 graphic felt board, 6 coloring sheets
Buckle My Shoe - 5 felt pieces
Diddle, Diddle Dumpling - 1 felt piece
Georgie Porgie - 2 felt pieces
Hickory Dickory Dock - 1 felt piece
It's Raining, It's Pouring - 1 felt piece (1 shared piece)
Jack Sprat - 3 felt pieces
Little Jack Horner - 2 felt pieces
Old Mother Hubbard - 11 felt pieces
One Saturday Night - 1 felt piece
Polly Put the Kettle On - 2 felt pieces
Rain, Rain, Go Away - 1 felt piece (1 shared piece)
Ring Around the Rosie - 1 felt piece
Rock a Bye Baby - 1 felt pieces
Seven Blackbirds - 7 felt pieces
This Little Pig - 5 felt pieces
Three Blind Mice - 2 felt pieces
Wee Willie Winkie - 1 felt piece
Where Has My Little Dog Gone? - 2 felt pieces
Yankee Doodle - 1 felt piece
CD contains nursery rhymes that have been favorites of both young and old for ages. Music has been added to add to the fun, helping you sing the rhymes found in the set. Included: Mary Had a Little Lamb; Jack and Jill; Eensy Weensy Spider; Hey Diddle Diddle; Humpty Dumpty; Ba Ba Black Sheep; Little Boy Blue; Rock a Bye Baby; Buckle My Shoe; Willie Winkie; Three Blind Mice; Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone?; It's Raining, It's Pouring; Rain Rain Go Away; Hickory Dickory Dock; and more.
- Say Good Night - 12 felt pieces, 1 graphic felt board
Two stories are included in this kit, which can be illustrated using the figures while telling the stories. You can also use the figures to tell the story Good Night Moon by Margaret Wise Brown.
- The Three Little Kittens - 15 felt pieces, 1 graphic felt board
This Mother Goose rhyme talks about our feelings when we have done something wrong and then make it right. Use this story and ideas to help kids learn about choices, responsibility, and also about just having fun!
- Who Ate the Food? - 21 felt pieces, 1 green felt board
Two stories are included in this kit, which can be illustrated by using the figures while telling the stories. You can also use these figures to tell the story The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.
These kits focus on the 5 simple activities that strengthen early literacy skills for Kindergarten readiness - talking, writing, reading, playing, and singing. Each kit includes tips for parents and ideas for additional activities.
Want to have coding in the library or perhaps a job-searching workshop, but you don't want to tie up public access computers? We have a collection of Chromebook laptops available to use wherever they're needed. With a simple interface, easy wireless setup, and lightweight design, you can have up to 11 of these set up in any area.
Want to have a maker space or maker activities in your library but your budget can't cover it? Request a Maker Kit for your library or have a patron check it out themselves to partake in hands-on learning without the major cost.
Kits that include themed puppets and stuffed characters for story times:
Puppets/Stuffed characters only-
- Arthur (Marc Brown's Arthur series)
- D.W. (Marc Brown's Arthur series)
- Francine (Marc Brown's Arthur series)
- Lilly (Kevin Henkes' Lilly series)
- Old Woman and the Fly
- Rabbit (brown)
- Rabbit (white)
- Shaggy Dog
Puppets/Stuffed characters bundled with books and interactive materials-
Kits compiled with generous grant funding from the Autism Alliance of Northeastern New York. These kits contain materials, activities, and objects specifically catered to those on the Autism spectrum and their parents, caregivers, and siblings.