NYS Aid for Public Library Construction
The State Aid for Library Construction Grant Program for our region is administered through the Clinton-Essex-Franklin Library System. Visit’s NYSED.org’s Frequently Asked Questions page for more information on this program.
Before you apply:
Submissions for the 2021/2022 NYS Aid for Library Construction has begun.
- Review and submit the Public Library Construction Intent to Apply form to Anja Bouchard (firstname.lastname@example.org) or David Fuller via email (email@example.com) or via van delivery by Friday, June 4, 2021
- Ensure you have registered for a NYS Directory Service Account
- Have you FEIN and SED Vendor Number
- Have your 9-digit DUNS Number
- No DUNS Number? Search for your institution and complete the forms at Dun & Bradstreet’s website.
- Complete SHPO approval
- If your building is more than 50 years old, you may need to receive approval from the State Historic Preservation Office. They will supply a letter upon approval to apply for funding.
- CEFLS has established a local deadline of Friday, August 27, 2021 so applications can be reviewed by the Board of Trustees at their September meeting.
The deadline by which all applications must be filed in the NYS Education Department’s online portal is Wednesday, October 6, 2021.
- Contact the construction specialist at CEFLS, David Fuller at firstname.lastname@example.org or (518) 563-5190 ext. 122, for additional guidance.
- CEFLS Outreach – Click “Physically Handicapped” for ADA links
- ADA Checklist for Existing Facilities
- NYSED Library Development State Aid for Library Construction
- Project Enable – Universal Design Library Checklist
- ALA – Equal Access: Universal Design of Libraries
- University of Washington – Equal Access: Universal Design of Libraries