NYS Aid for Public Library Construction
The State Aid for Library Construction Grant Program for our region is administered through the Clinton-Essex-Franklin Library System. Visit’s NYSED.org’s Frequently Asked Questions page for more information on this program.
Before you apply:
Submissions for the 2023/2024 NYS Aid for Library Construction are not yet open. Once they are, they will be available here.
- Review and submit the Public Library Construction Intent to Apply form to David Fuller via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via van delivery by Friday, June 2, 2023
- Ensure you have registered for a NYS Directory Service Account
- Have you FEIN and SED Vendor Number
- No FEIN? Apply for one from the IRS here.
- No SED Vendor Number? Contact Barbara Massage in the NYS Library’s Division of Library Development at email@example.com or (518) 486-4885 for assistance.
- Have your UEI Number
- No UEI Number? Get yours through the System for Award Management website.
- Complete SHPO approval
- If your building is more than 50 years old, you may need to receive approval from the State Historic Preservation Office. They will supply a letter upon approval to apply for funding.
- CEFLS has established a local deadline of Thursday, August 24, 2023 so applications can be reviewed by the Board of Trustees at their September meeting.
- Contact David Fuller (firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-563-5190 ext. 122) for additional guidance.
- CEFLS Outreach – Click “Physically Handicapped” for ADA links
- ADA Checklist for Existing Facilities
- NYSED Library Development State Aid for Library Construction
- Project Enable – Universal Design Library Checklist
- ALA – Equal Access: Universal Design of Libraries
- University of Washington – Equal Access: Universal Design of Libraries
- Green Jobs’ Green New York Program – Energy studies to identify and analyze opportunities to make your building more efficient. For more information, contact email@example.com or 1-888-338-0089.
- NYSEG – Small Business Direct Install for LED Lighting
- National Grid USA – Small Business Upstate New York programs
- OMNI Renewables – Locally Sourced Community Solar program
- Northern Power & Light – Local Hydroelectric program
- NY SFS – New York Statewide Financial System