NYS Aid for Public Library Construction
The State Aid for Library Construction Grant Program for our region is administered through the Clinton-Essex-Franklin Library System. Visit’s NYSED.org’s Frequently Asked Questions page for more information on this program.
Before you apply:
Submissions for the 2022/2023 NYS Aid for Library Construction will begin in the near future.
- Review and submit the Public Library Construction Intent to Apply form to David Fuller via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via van delivery by Friday, June 3, 2022
- Ensure you have registered for a NYS Directory Service Account
- Have you FEIN and SED Vendor Number
- Have your 9-digit DUNS Number
- No DUNS Number? Search for your institution and complete the forms at Dun & Bradstreet’s website.
- Complete SHPO approval
- If your building is more than 50 years old, you may need to receive approval from the State Historic Preservation Office. They will supply a letter upon approval to apply for funding.
- CEFLS has established a local deadline of Friday, August 25, 2022 so applications can be reviewed by the Board of Trustees at their September meeting.
- Contact David Fuller (email@example.com or (518) 563-5190 ext. 122) for additional guidance.
- CEFLS Outreach – Click “Physically Handicapped” for ADA links
- ADA Checklist for Existing Facilities
- NYSED Library Development State Aid for Library Construction
- Project Enable – Universal Design Library Checklist
- ALA – Equal Access: Universal Design of Libraries
- University of Washington – Equal Access: Universal Design of Libraries