NYS Aid for Public Library Construction
The State Aid for Library Construction Grant Program for our region is administered through the Clinton-Essex-Franklin Library System. Visit’s NYSED.org’s Frequently Asked Questions page for more information on this program.
Before you apply:
Submissions for the 2018/2019 NYS Aid for Library Construction will begin shortly.
- Review the Public Library Construction Start Up document
- Submit the Public Library Construction Intent to Apply form to Anja Bouchard (email@example.com) or David Fuller via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via van delivery by Friday, July 6, 2018
- Ensure you have registered for a NYS Directory Service Account
- Have you FEIN and SED Vendor Number
- Have your 9-digit DUNS Number
- No DUNS Number? Search for your institution and complete the forms at Dun & Bradstreet’s website.
- Complete SHPO approval
- If your building is more than 50 years old, you may need to receive approval from the State Historic Preservation Office. They will supply a letter upon approval to apply for funding.
- CEFLS has established a local deadline of Friday, September 14, 2017 so applications can be reviewed by the Board of Trustees at their September meeting.
The deadline by which all applications must be filed in the NYS Education Department’s online portal is Wednesday, October 3, 2018.
- Contact the construction specialist at CEFLS, David Fuller at email@example.com or (518) 563-5190 ext. 22, for additional guidance.
2016 fiscal year received funding from NYS Aid for Library Construction
- Chateaugay Memorial Library: $47,867.00 to repurpose a previously unused space, replace outside book drop with internal unit, replace awning, add security, and update furnace system.
- Elizabethtown Library Association: $17,316.00 to replace deteriorating roof, torn carpet, worn bathroom floor, lighting, and ceiling tiles, and improve access to circulation desk.
- Essex Belden Noble Memorial Library: $60,179.00 to restore exterior doors, windows, and roof, restore and paint exterior, add insulation, improve lighting, and increase and improve space available for programs.
- Keene Valley Library Association: $98,842.00 to insulate the building envelope and update the heating system to increase efficiency in the local history room in the first phase of their construction project.
- Keeseville Free Library Association: $18,956.00 to replace cracked and missing slate on roof and to address wheelchair access ramp safety issues.
- Plattsburgh Public Library: $30,317.00 to improve energy efficiency with LED lighting, install a weatherproof book drop, and renovate heating and cooling system.
- Tupper Lake Goff-Nelson Memorial Library: $45,035.00 to replace exterior trim, add flashing to new trim, and remove nonfunctional deck.
- Total: $318,512.00
- CEFLS Outreach – Click “Physically Handicapped” for ADA links
- ADA Checklist for Existing Facilities
- NYSED Library Development State Aid for Library Construction
- Project Enable – Universal Design Library Checklist
- ALA – Equal Access: Universal Design of Libraries
- University of Washington – Equal Access: Universal Design of Libraries