The Paine Memorial Free Library in Willsboro, New York is seeking a full-time Director who will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Library. Interviews will take place in October, 2021. The position will begin in early November, 2021.
General Attributes of Applicant
- Has dynamic interpersonal skills that will enable her/him to work effectively and respectfully with people of all ages.
- Organizes work for efficient use of time.
- Possesses strong oral, written and computer skills.
- Studies and plans development of Library Services to meet present and future community needs in keeping with the Library’s mission statement and operating policies.
- Initiates, organizes and follows through on programs, services and projects.
- Develops print and non-print collections, including selection, organization, maintenance, preservation, withdrawal and disposal of materials.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of Library personnel.
- Supervises Library personnel and volunteers to create a harmonious team environment.
- Administers personnel policies and procedures for Library employees and volunteers – including training, development, scheduling and evaluation.
- Maintains knowledge of new developments in the Library Profession, including technological advances, through professional development opportunities offered by the CEF Library System and other organizations.
- Committed to excellence in customer service.
- Promotes and publicizes the Library’s collections, services and programs, via print and the internet.
- Works with volunteers in promoting the Library in the community.
- Advises, consults and confers with other libraries, professionals, officials, citizen and community groups, as needed.
- Serves on professional and community committees, as requested, to advance the Library and the Library profession.
- Oversees all aspects of the physical plant, grounds and equipment.
- Takes appropriate action in emergencies.
- Purchases equipment and furnishings as needed.
- Maintains an inventory of furniture, equipment and supplies.
- Provides leadership and direction for major development projects, including construction and renovation of facilities.
- Schedules and supervises contract services and maintenance personnel.
Library Board of Trustees
- Participates in meetings of the Library Board of Trustees.
- Prepares narrative and statistical reports for the Board.
- Confers with the Board to establish operating policies and to plan and review the Library’s menu of services.
- Prepares administrative reports accurately and in a clear and logical manner.
- Reviews and evaluates the Library’s services and programs on an annual basis while preparing the Annual Report for the State Library.
- Works with the Library Treasurer to maintain accurate financial reporting.
- Seeks out and prepares grant requests to State and Federal agencies and nonprofit foundations. Administers grant funds upon award.
An Associate or Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. A teaching or business background is a plus. Full time position – 35 hours per week.
Salary commensurate with experience – $40,000 plus – Attractive benefits package.
- Upload cover letter and resume to: email@example.com