Advocacy Tools at the New York State Library Division of Library Development
- The New York State Library Division of Library Development offers many resources related to advocacy, including information on these topics:
- Public Library Districts – a funding model favored by New York State for its promise of greater financial stability
- Trustees – essential information for library trustees
Legislative Action Center at the American Library Association
- Visit ALA’s action center page to engage with elected officials and respond to alerts on a national level.
- Visit ALA’s talking point toolkit for excellent points on how libraries deliver value on an unprecedented scale.
Who Are Your Representatives?
Contact Your Legislators
- Clinton County
- Franklin County
- Click here for the County Directory. See page 3 for the legislators' contact information and page 5 to see which legislative area you live in and the meeting schedule.
- Essex County
- Clinton County Board of Elections : Straightforward and current information is provided on contact names and numbers, voter registration, polling places, and elected officials in Clinton County.
- Essex County Election Site : Provides contact names and numbers, voter registration, polling places and elected officials in Essex County.
- League of Women Voters of the Plattsburgh Area : This site provides local candidate biographies and platforms as well as helpful links to other sites.
- League of Women Voters of New York State
- League of Women Voters of the United States
- League of Women Voters: Smart Voter
- League of Women Voters: Vote 411